Friday, July 18, 2014

Letter number 1

Hola mi familia y mis amigos!!!!

I am very humbled to be writing this quick little email to y’all today. I am also super excited that the longest week of my life is coming to an end. I’m grateful for all of those who have prepared me for the MTC. This week has been one of the hardest weeks of my life, but it was easier than I thought it would be. Although it’s been incredibly hard, I love every ounce of the struggle. I love this work more than I love sleeping, dancing, motorcycling, snowboarding, football, movies, and kissing girls.  I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.  I miss mom though. I miss you the most.


I’d have to say that the most important thing I have learned this week is my purpose as a missionary. I am not here to learn Spanish, or become a gospel genius. I am here because God needs me to be a tool and a mouthpiece.  My purpose is not to teach investigators, or to baptize the people of Mexico.  My objective is to bring others unto Christ, by teaching with the Spirit. I taught my first investigator in Spanish two days in to the MTC.  Even though he wasn’t a real investigator, I learned that I need to get out of the Spirits way, and let the Holy Ghost teach of the truthfullness of the gospel.


I have learned Spanish FAST.  I can already say lengthy prayers and bare testimony without struggle.  I can share thoughts and feelings even though I struggle with some vocab. My companion and I committed our first "investigator" to baptism last night. I place the moment at number two of the most spiritual moments of my life. The Spirit is absolutely incredible here, and I'm blessed to have the Holy Ghost as a constant companion.
I love and miss all of you! I don’t have any time at all today so sorry its not super long!
I know that this is the one and only true church! I love my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I feel his love for me and everyone else more each day!  I know that this is the one and only place I should be!


I love my mission!


Elder Westy Minnick

I'm bald!  First mission selfie!  
Elder Butterfield and Elder Bell welcoming Weston to MTC — first day!


Mi companero - Elder Santiago Ramirez! He is from Spanish Fork. I love him!!

Study time!

Elder Minnick welcoming Elder Riley Williams to the MTC

My view, the MTC is an oasis in Mexico City

No comments:

Post a Comment