Monday, August 31, 2015

I met an Apostle of the Lord, Jesus Christ!

That's right family and friends! This week our mission had the special opportunity to hear from Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles!

Thursday morning I woke up at 3:45 AM to catch an early bus to Queretaro. The whole mission showed up to a stake center.  It was a little crazy because we were all so excited and nervous. President told us that we would have the time to ask him a few questions, and invited us all to prepare our own question, even if we didn't have the time to ask it. My question was, "Is this man really a special witness of the Savior?"  I didn't ask him, but I asked God and got an answer ;)

I shook his hand, and he said to me with a big smile, "Hello!". Throughout the whole conference I couldn't help but notice just how happy he was. It wasn't a fake happy either, I could tell he was sincerely happy.

I thought the conference would be super long and with a bunch of heavy doctrine and that he was going to tell us to repent and stuff -- but it was awesome!  He spent a while talking about the first presidency, the 12 apostles, and 70's. He allowed some of the stake presidents to teach, and taught us about some priesthood responsibilities. Then he just spent a while thanking us for being missionaries. I felt like he was giving me a pep talk because he just got us all excited and the spirit was super strong. I was very impressed with his humility and with his testimony. He answered some questions and then blessed us. 

His testimony was by far the greatest part of the whole conference for me. It was super short and at the very end. I felt the Spirit very very very strong when he testified that he is indeed a very special witness of Jesus Christ. After the prayer, he stood up really fast and said, "No puedo negar lo que el Espiritu me indica... El testimonio del Profeta Jose Smith es verdadero... Lo que el vio es la verdad..."

Yo sè que hoy en dia, Dios ha llamado profetas y apóstoles para ser testigos especiales del Señor. Yo sè que Cristo es nuestro Salvador y Redentor. èl vive y dirige  esta iglesia!

I got changed! I'm a zone leader in Celaya with Elder Lagunes. :) I am very very very excited!

Love y'all

elder minnick

Note from Tami:  

Elder Minnick found out this week that Whitney (his sister)  got engaged and will be married on December 19th!  This was his response:

"ahhhhhh!! cant wipe the smile off my face that Whit's gettting married. I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy happy happy for her! Makes my whole life!  Love you Whit!!!!!!"

It will be a hard to not have Weston at the wedding....  for Whit especially, but we all know he is in the right place!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment