Monday, August 24, 2015

The Book of Mormon vs. the Holy Death!

Hola mis amigos!

Man, this week was AWESOME. God truly has blessed me.

Saturday night I was looking at the calendar..... I realized I only have 10 months left. That felt like an ice cold bucket of water to the face. I don't ever wanna go home!

Well I had a bunch of cool experiences this week. But I will start with the one with the JW's. We were talking to some guy on the street, having a wonderful conversation about revelation, when a guy on his bike shows up and starts hating on my boy Jose Smith. He went off about how no man could see God and took the BoM from the hands of this good man and told him it was dirt. So we just sat there and listened for a bit.... and when he gave us a moment we quickly shared our testimonies and left. The guy we were talking to wanted nothing to do with us after! So we just went walking, and about 2 minutes later this JW rolled up again... and apologized! I was truly surprised, because all of my experiences with them have been less than pleasant. He asked us to visit him this next week so we could "clear up the doubts". It was cool and we felt the spirit strong.  

The other experience was super special. We have a family that worships the Holy Death. I was extremely surprised because they are some of the coolest people I've ever met. They have explained a little bit about their beliefs, and although they are different, they aren't what I thought. They have a TON of questions. They have felt the Spirit with us and want to know what makes us different. Hugo, has had a re-occurring dream about Christ, where Christ told him exactly the same thing every time. He told us about the dream, took a long pause, and asked for a BoM. He opened the Book of Mormon (I still don't know where, I'm thinking its 2 Nephi) and read a random verse. What he read was almost exactly what Christ told him in his dream. He never had opened a BoM before, but the Spirit sang true in all of our hearts that it is true and His word. In the moment I wasn't shocked, I didn't even feel a bit of surprise! I already knew the feeling and knew it well. What I saw on their faces was JOY.   Joy that only the Gospel of Jesus Christ offers us. Thinking about the experience over and over again, I stand amazed at the loved Christ has for this family and me, as He performed such a miracle.

I testify to all of you that Christ is our living Savior.  He hears and answers the prayers of all of His children!  I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and contains the fullness of the gospel of Christ!

I think I only have one week left here in Salamanca. I'm bummed! I don't wanna go, but I've had a good 7 months! 

I love you mom!
Happy Anniversary MA and PA. Dad your getting old and mom you haven't aged a bit -- forever 25 :)

Elder Minnick



No comments:

Post a Comment