Monday, December 28, 2015

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Aloha! 

I love Christmas! I'll tell ya what we did Christmas morning...

We (the zone) went to an old peoples home, run by the Catholic nuns. (All of the nuns also fit in the old people category too). We got there in the morning with plans to sing Christmas hymns to them. When we got there, they told us to go running around inviting everyone to come... this was the best part. As we tried to invite them we found out that every single one of them had problems with hearing, seeing or walking, and they all LOVE to talk. I was saddened to hear that these people usually don't get visitors, and many haven't seen or heard from their families in years. Well we sang to them, a family from our stake brought them food, and then we all just went around talking to them for about 2 hours, until it was time for Misa... so it was time to go! It was my favorite Christmas day, and something I will do every year! 

James said,

 "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."  

That's what Christmas is all about!

Here is another story from yesterday!

We got a call from a member, asking us if we could go to the hospital with him to give a blessing to his dying mother-in-law. (The member is the only member in his whole family)  In hospital I saw the not so pretty side of life. Outside of the hospital, hundreds of people were waiting for the chance to enter and see their loved ones, I was confused why everyone was outside. By a miracle, this faithful brother managed to squeeze his way through the crowd, and talked the security guard into letting us in (It was a miracle). 

As we entered the 2nd doors, I was astonished to see how many people were sick or seriously injured. The walls were completely covered with beds with these people.  The hospital was more than overfull, with doctors and nurse running every where giving medication, moving people around. I thought I was in one of those post end of the world movies... so we got to the bed of hi mother -in- law, and the second we saw her, we knew that her time was coming to a close. We anointed and blessed her. The Spirit was special. We shared our testimonies with her family, of the resurrection, and of the atonement. Then security showed up and shuffled us out of there! 

As I walked out of the hospital, I remembered the words of Alma the prophet, 

"And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people."

This experience was one I will never forget, and has helped me understand that what Christ suffered for us was something I don't think I will understand in this life. I really did feel in my heart that he suffered for all. Not only sins, mistakes, embarrassment, but sicknesses too. He descended below all, so that he can lift us up when we are down. This year I understood a little better the true meaning of Christmas!

Happy New Year!

Elder Minnick


Candy Service

CHANGOS 
Con Pres

al carbon


noche buena con la familia viveros



buffalo con mi compa mauricio













No comments:

Post a Comment