Friday, August 15, 2014

ultimo semana

Hello Friends y Familia,

I wanna start off with a quote by the prophet Gordon B. Hinckley, cause I love the guy and I love the quote...

"Do you want to be happy? Forget yourself and get lost in this great cause. Lend your efforts to helping people...Stand higher, lift those with feeble knees, hold up the arms of those that hang down.  Live the gospel of Jesus Christ."

I really shouldn't have to write anymore than that but if I don't, than I get like 500 emails that tell me I don't write my mom enough. :) Tam note: mission accomplished!  LOL!

Well guys, I'm outta the MTC Monday morning. I really really really enjoyed the MTC. I've met a ton of cool guys that I cant wait to chill with at BYU when I get home, and I've learned more stuff here than I did in my 12 years of public education.

I finished the BoM on Sunday. This was a big accomplishment for me -- goal was to finish it in 3 weeks but I finished in 2!  Me y mi comp decided that we were going to read it next in Spanish, but this time read it completely out loud. It has for sure helped me learn more Spanish, and the more I read, the more I understand, the faster I speak, and my faith grows in the gift of tongues everyday. There is no way I would be able to learn this much Spanish, this fast, without it. I'm grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost and testify that it does all the teaching.

Here are some of my thoughts from this week!

--Life isn't fair

--Its not enough to just have a testimony

--There is no reward for half hearted efforts

Highlight of my week was being able to listen to Elder David A Bednar's devotional called "The Characteristics of Christ".   Something I have been trying my best to improve on is turning outward all the time, even when I am at my weakest point. This is one of my favorite attributes of Christ!

Anyway, love and miss you all! Next time you hear from me I'll be in Querétaro!!!!

Elder Minnick


P.S. 
Thanks for the Dear Elder Clint..... and of course mama, love ya always. 

I'm wearing your name tag everyday Dad! I hope I can be half the missionary you were! 

Zaners, I hope you have a good first week of school! Make a lot of friends and say hi to everyone!  Wear deodorant, and if you kiss any girls, I better hear about it before mom and dad do ;) 


Elder Riley Williams
We write together


Elder Mohl and Peterson....my main homiez


I like this crap...it keeps me healthy!


Wearing papas name tag everyday


Look how clean our room is mom  :)


Zaners you better be stoked cause
I gotta lotta sick birthday stuff coming your way


Elder Valentine and I...always good to see a familiar face  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment