Friday, December 19, 2014

Casi Navidad!

Fam,

Bienvenidos a Utah Hermana Minnick! Estoy bien feliz por que ahora yo soy el hijo favorito! La recibí su carta que me enviste en Agosto..... Me encanta tu cita de Elder Holland...jajajajajajaja no manches te amo mucho y no seas una flojerita por fa. 

No changes this week!!! WOOOOOOOO I'm here with my son Elder Perez for one more change!  Pray for my safety! 

Had some more baptisms this week too. Gali and Diego!  They were GOLDEN!  Both of them shared their testimonies yesterday because we had fast and testimony meeting a week late! A couple of our other converts bore testimony too... best sacrament meeting of my life.

We had our Christmas activity this week! Super fun...lots of food, presents and Santa.   Presidente came and we watched a ton of videos and had a training!  Christmas is in 10 days!!!!!!!  We got the details on skype!  We only get a hour because of disobedience last time, but I'll let ya know what time next Monday! I'm skyping from one of my convert's homes so Whit can talk to him! 

Spent all day cleaning my house and then we went to Disneyland (Costco) so I'm tired! See ya next week!!!!!! :)

Elder Minnick

Tam NOTES and PICS:
We received a package from ELDER MINNICK -- WOOT WOOT!  He put some handwritten letters in the package.  Here are some excerpts!!  

He added a list of things he was grateful for -- made it to #221  then wrote:  "This was supposed to be 2,000 things I am grateful for, but I ain't got time for that!!"  Missions are BUSY!  The list was darling!!!

Letter to Whit:
"Welcome home SISTER!!  Look...I know at home it is a whole lot easier to get all lazy and stuff but don't do that! I'm hoping your learned a thing or two, or three, or a billion things on your mission but that doesn't mean diddly squat unless you put it into action everyday.  Since I am the only full-time missionary in the family now, I'm officially the only favorite kid.  Don't forget that!"
"No more hanging out with the ladies Whit... you're on a man hunt. Find some guy who makes you better.  And...if you get married before I get home..... I'll give you $10,000.  I don't wanna be around when mom is planning a wedding!"   

Letter to Tami:
"Everything is going good here! My area smells bad, can be sketchy, dirt cheap, and I hate the bugs, but I still LOVE the place!  My area is not the safest place.  This is the only area in the whole mission that is yet to have sisters.  Don't think there ever will be.  My house is cool.  No matter how long you spend cleaning -- its still dirty.  We have a tank of gas so that means hot water and hot food!  YEAH for pancakes, hot dogs, eggs, noodles, and rice!  That's about all I eat!  We have a fridge too, I count myself lucky!!"

Letter to Jay: 
"We baptize every two weeks.  My personal goal is to baptize every week.  My ward is small...only about 75 active members.  Little priesthood too.  I speak at least two times a month and help with the sacrament every week.  Before investigators can be baptized they have to attend church 5 times!  Hardest part of my mission right there!"

Letter to Zane:
"I miss you bud!  Make sure you are getting good grades and actually paying attention in school!  Don't be a dummy!  You better be reading your B of M too!  It's more important than puppies, volleyball, and TV!  I promise if you read your B of M everyday, God will give you a lot of cool blessings!"

Letter to Family:  "Merry Merry Christmas!  I hope you have all shared the 'He is the Gift' on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and all that Jazz.  Remember the ultimate gift our Savior gave to us!!  His Life! I finished reading Jesus the Christ this week.  I share testimony that he lived, he taught, he worked countless miracles, overcame temptation, suffered unimaginable pain, he died, and most importantly he lived again.  I know he is the Son of the Living God.  I know that he is the only way that we can gain eternal life and receive forgiveness from our faults and sins!  Because of HIM I will live again.  Repent daily!"

  

I'm taking them home with me!
Elder Baldwin and Elder Minnick 


My ZL, Elder Romero, went home this week!

Gail and Diego

Weston: "I promise he loves me!"

(From Tam:  What are they eating at the Christmas Party???)  

The assistants!



America!

My messy life!

ONE pic from Tami:

ELDER MANNING is HOME!!  This is Weston's trainer!  I love this dear Elder!  So does Elder Minnick!  He got off the plane on Dec 17th in SL and came straight to our home to deliver a note to our family from Weston!!  How cool is that?!?!  I hope we can get together soon and talk about everything Weston wouldn't tell us!! Welcome home ELDER MANNING! 

No comments:

Post a Comment