Monday, February 23, 2015

A little bit of Gethsemane

HOLA!

Well I don't even know where to start this week! I spent a lot of time on my knees, and then the rest of the time in the scriptures! I've gotten soooo close to my Book of Mormon here in the mission. It's my best friend, and its always there! I read a lot in Alma 7, and I listened to a talk by Elder Holland called Missionary Work and the Atonement. So Christ's Atonement has been a big theme in my life every week! I can't think of a better theme and I'm planning on keeping it as my theme every day for the rest of my life! 

Something that really hit me deep when I was listening to Elder Holland, was that we all need to suffer just a teeny tiny bit to understand a little better His Atonement. The Spirit taught me that I am blessed to have His name on my chest everyday so I should happily take the heat that comes to his faithful disciples!  I understood a little better just how hard His life was. And even though He walked and walked and walked, and it was probably hot, and he was probably really hungry, and it probably wasn't too fun when people rejected Him. Even though they spat at Him, beat Him, tortured and then murdered Him, not once did He complain! HE loved them! Even though He has all the power in the universe, He let them do it!  The atonement gives me strength to come what may and love it, and try a little harder to do a little better!  I testify as one of His representatives that He lives, that He already suffered for all our heartache, shortcomings, imperfections, and sins! He is waiting for us to come unto him and be perfected! HE is my Savior and Redeemer and I love Him!

It was a full week of finding people, putting baptismal dates, and ignoring preachers who try to move us from our cause. We had a very successful Monday through Saturday! I got a little proud... and a little is too much! Sunday came and we only had 1 of the 15 people we found this week in church! For those of you who have been in the mission, you know how it feels to wait and wait after inviting everyone that morning to come, and nobody shows up! I was greatly humbled, and have many plans to change so it doesn't happen again the next week!

I love my compa! Elder Luis is awesome! We just laugh and laugh and laugh all day! My area is awesome too! The ward is great! We have a ton of lessons with our Bishop, but just about all the other leadership is inactive! 

That's all I got time for mom ;)

Con amor,
elder minnick


Elder Luis!
(Tam: I sent these shirts in Weston's last pkg - GO COUGARS!!!)


Tam: Loves his Charger blanket....
glad I totally "shrink packed" this and sent!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment