Monday, February 2, 2015

ya me voy



Hello!!!!

Where to start!

This week: We didn't baptize Judith y Paco. They had some paper problems and can't get married till Thursday, and then they will get baptized Saturday. I'm soooo excited for them! I'm coming back after my mission to kidnap their baby!

My comp had a really hard week. He told me I could share his experience. Wednesday morning at 1:30 AM we got some calls and messages and we found out that his grandma, who is more like his mama cause she raised him, was in a coma and probably wouldn't make it the night. My comp is a stud, he's the only member in his family. President called us Thursday to pass the news that she had passed away. It was really really really hard to see him struggle, but Elder Perez's testimony of the Plan of Salvation is unshakable. He really is an example to me of putting his faith in Christ and relying on the Atonement.  I saw the Spirit work through him strongly as he testified of our Savior and his ultimate sacrifice!

We studied the doctrine of the resurrection together almost every day. I testify that God has a perfect plan for every single one of his children! I testify of the Living Christ. I know he already conquered death so we need not fear. He already paid the price of all our heart break, so we can feel His perfect love in our most difficult times!  I was inspired to start memorizing the Living Christ: The Testimony of the Apostles this week. I got about half of it done in Spanish, and when I get that down -- I'll memorize it in English! It's my testimony that He lives, and because He lives, we too will live.

I'm getting changed! Very bitter sweet. I'm sad to leave my comp and all the amazing people I've met here in Leon. But I'm excited for the next part of my mission! I'm going to Salamanca... the only thing I've heard about the place is that it smells awful cause of the crappy air... but I don't care! I'm gonna go train a new baby missionary! I'm pumped! I'm also opening a new area and am district leader! I'm excited for this new challenge and I pray that I can be more patient and humble!

ya me voy,

elder minnick


Judith y Paco.... baptism coming soon!

Part of the fam...

More fam...

Even more fam!!!!

My new suit!


Doin' work!



More work


Yes... she let me sign her wall!  That's eternal paint!





No comments:

Post a Comment