Monday, March 9, 2015

Leaning on Dad's testimony until I earned my own!

Elder Luis and I had a killer week. It was a battle... especially with my body. All that weight I've gained... gone. I don't know who is praying for me to lose weight, but please stop! There aren't very many public bathrooms around here, and if there are, they don't have water or paper! I don't know what's in my stomach but I hope it dies soon.

We had a ton more success this week. The members have helped a ton and we had more in church this week! I love the ward here. The people are awesome. I really don't ever wanna leave here, and changes are coming this next Sunday. Crossing my fingers that we stay!

I had a flash back experience Wednesday. We were reading part of 3 Nephi 11 for comp study, and I remembered a very special moment that I had with dad about 5 ish years ago! We went home teaching to the Erbs, and dad shared that his favorite B of M chapter was 3 Nephi 11... after we went to the Pratts, and when they asked me what mine was I thought, "well I've never read passed the first chapter, so I'll just stick with what dad said, and tell em that 3 Nephi 11 is my favorite, cause dad knows the B of M is true so he must know whats up.."  So I did, and its stuck with me since.

When my comp asked me what my favorite chapter was in the B of M, I quickly responded 3 Nephi 11, and when he asked me why I shared with him my personal testimony of the Saviour, but I couldn't help but think of when I stopped leaning on dad and walking on my own. I've never had a wow conversion moment, but I'm thankful for my loving mom, my little big sister, and many other friends and family who allowed me to lean on them when I wasn't quite sure. I thanked God that night for blessing me with a dad that taught me and helped me even when I never asked for it!  Love you dad.

My thoughts turn to the song "This is the Christ". (my new fav) I post the words here because this is my testimony!

They heard His voice, a voice so mild.
It pierced them through and made their souls to quake.
They saw Him come, a man in white,
The Savior, who had suffered for their sake.
They felt the wounds in hands and side,
And each could testify:

This is the Christ.
This is the Christ, the holy Son of God,
Our Savior, Lord, Redeemer of mankind.
This is the Christ, the Healer of our souls,
Who ransomed us with love divine.

I read His words, the words He prayed
While bearing sorrow in Gethsemane.
I feel His love, the price He paid.
How many drops of blood were spilled for me?
With Saints of old in joyful cry
I too can testify:

This is the Christ.
This is the Christ, the holy Son of God,
Our Savior, Lord, Redeemer of mankind.
This is the Christ, the Healer of our souls,
Who ransomed us with love divine.

Elder Minnick











No comments:

Post a Comment