Monday, June 1, 2015

Washing Machines

Hello!!

I had an awesome week! One of my favorites. I did exchanges with my ZL Elder Salcedo for a couple days... He is Dominican and we get along super well, and we had a bunch of tight experiences. He only gave me one word of advice.. told me I need to hold still during lessons, and the rest he taught by example. One of the greatest lessons  learned here is that the best teacher speaks VERY LITTLE.

We found a new family... they are GOLDEN... almost. The mama y papa only have to get married... but they want to and just need to find some papers and we are set. Its a big family to! In all they are 8, but 2 of them are members already. They were investigating the church like 12 years ago but then moved and couldn't find missionaries.... until we found them on the street. I'm not sure how they couldn't find missionaries in so much time but I'm sure God was preparing them. It was a blast getting them all to church Sunday... full truck and a popped tire. Good times!!

I washed my clothes for the first time in a washing machine today! I was mesmerized. I've never enjoyed a washing machine so much. I also realized how good life is back home, cause I have two washing machines in my house... and I also realized how ungrateful we are back home -- repent sinners.

I was bummed to hear Elder Perry died. I'm listening to his last conference talk right now, and I remember that even though he looked so weak, he was full of power when he testified of the importance of the family! Here's his last words to the whole world...

"We also want our voice to be heard in sustaining the joy and fulfillment that traditional families bring. We must continue to project that voice throughout the world in declaring why marriage and family are so important, why marriage and family really do matter, and why they always will.

My brothers and sisters, the restored gospel centers on marriage and family. It is also on marriage and family where we can unite most with other faiths. It is around marriage and family where we will find our greatest commonality with the rest of the world. It is around marriage and family that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has the greatest opportunity to be light on the hill.

Let me close by bearing witness (and my nine decades on this earth fully qualify me to say this) that the older get, the more realize that family is the center of life and is the key to eternal happiness. give thanks for my wife, for my children, for my grandchildren and my great-grandchildren, and for all of the cousins and in-laws and extended family who make my own life so rich and, yes, even eternal. Of this eternal truth bear my strongest and most sacred witness in the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

XOXO
elder minnick


P-Day.... (Weston would rather be out and about)

No comments:

Post a Comment