Monday, November 2, 2015

Happy Halloween!

HOLA!

I love this time of the year. Knocking doors Saturday with all the little Mexican kids, we met nice people that gave us candy :) So many people invited us to eat Halloween night. I'm sure I gained about 15 pounds but I don't care  -- I  still have time to burn it off!

I'll tell ya a little about one of my inestgadores, "Mike". He's like 30 ish years old and recently divorced! He was for almost his whole life a drug addict. After he got divorced he decided to do something with his life, he went to a rehab and found a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She gave him the Teachings of President Ezra Taft Benson and he read the whole book in about three weeks. He decided to put himself on house lock down for three months and decided to invite the missionaries from brother Benson's church to his house. We got there with our Ward Mission leader and the sister that gave him the book.  He lives far away in his ranchito - way out of town, and usually these parts are a little dangerous for missionaries. 

We got there  and introduced ourselves. He was very reserved and didn't say much. We started off with a simple prayer, and he asked us to give him a blessing. Then his mom asked for one, then his nephew. Then we just bore our testimonies! The Spirit filled the room... it was incredible. He felt it and accepted a baptismal date! He left his house the next day and arrived at church. It was the first time he had ever gone to church in his whole life.

We visited him once this week, he had already read to Alma in the BoM and all of the general conference talks from October 2014!

I have felt very blessed to see some one prepared and willing to receive the restored gospel! He gained his testimony in a matter of weeks, but I have received mine after many small and simple experiences after the years. I know, like Mike, that this is God's only true church! I too have found and felt that pure joy that only comes by the spirit!

The gospel is for EVERYONE! I am convinced that if Mike can change, any one can!
Invite someone to learn today!

Elder Minnick

Our "Trio" haha
Hermano Tavitias!  He is AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment