Monday, February 22, 2016

Elder Spanglish

Hello!
Eventful week...

Daniel Salinas got baptized. Mildred gets baptized this next Saturday, and Francisco gets baptized the 12th. In my new area, I met Daniel Vázquez too and if it all goes pretty, he should get baptized in two weeks too!

We taught a Muslim this week. First Muslim I've found in Mexico... It was different! It was cool too. We talked about the Book of Mormon, and he said he would read it, if we read the Koran!

We also found a Buddhist. I don't think I've met a nicer guy in all Querétaro! He offered us to take his martial arts class. He wasn't too interested in the Gospel, but we have another lesson with him this week.

An American came to church this week. His name is David. He speaks very little Spanish, so I got to be Elder translator for 3 hours! He had a TON of questions after. It was hard to teach in English. I'd say 3 words in English, 2 in Spanish... I prefer Spanish any day. He understood the need for the restoration very well, but still has some doubts!

It's been a good week. I learned a ton! Revelation is constant so that means change is too! God lives and speaks today!

Love ya ma! <3

Elder Minnick

Happy birthday to my man P-Ellis! Love ya man!


From Tam:

We asked Elder Minnick to make a short video on his camera - congratulating Whit and Tay on their marriage.  The mission president ended up giving him 10 minutes to Skype his sister on her wedding day...  at the 2:35 mark in the video below we got most of this interaction on video.  I love love love Whit's reaction as she had no idea this was happening.  Such a great day!  










No comments:

Post a Comment