Monday, February 1, 2016

I Love the Lord!

Hola!

This week was tight!

We got a Dominican investigator named Ana. She's by far the funniest person I've met in 19 months. Somehow she found out our first names on the internet (kinda creepy I know) and so she's always calling me "Weton" because they can't pronounce their "S"s.  We get a kick out of it, BUT we keep reminding her to call me ELDER Minnick and my comp ELDER Meneses.  She told us after sacrament meeting that we should pay a black choir to sing at our meetings because we all are awful singers apparently. I'm with her though!

One of our families that we are teaching invited us to dinner with them on their 18th wedding anniversary. I felt honored because they are a very humble family. They sacrificed all the money they had made that day and didn't eat much so we could eat with them. After all of that they gave me a really nice Queretaro soccer jersey. I was speechless through it all. We had only met this family two weeks earlier! At the end of the night we watched the Restoration DVD right there with them! As always... it was just powerful. We didn't even have to speak! The Spirit taught. Some members are doing a Family Home Evening with them this week! Life is good!

I have been saving up 50 cent coins I've been finding in the street for about a year in a piggy bank. After a year of street watching, I saved up 250 pesos in 50, 10 and 20 cents... so naturally we went to the centro on P-Day and bought a ton of stuff. The people weren't too happy when I bought a 60 peso jacket in all these coins! Save your money!

One of the great lessons I've learned in the mission field is that as we serve one another, we love one another. I've come to know and love these great people in Mexico, and they will always have a special place in my heart. More importantly, I have come to love the Lord more and more every day!

Elder Minnick





No comments:

Post a Comment