Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Gen Con

Fam and Friends,

Really though conference is sooooooo much cooler as a missionary.   I wish I could sit down with all of you and talk about all of my favorite talks, but I only got an hour so I'll just tell ya my absolute favorite was Pres. Uchtdorf's talk in priesthood. I wish I could send pictures of my notes or something but they are completely ineligible and don't make much sense to anyone but me...haha! 

I also couldn't help but think of a certain boat that couldn't turn in Powell over the 4th of July during President Monson's talk. Those Germans just needed some duct tape.

Conference really was an amazing experience for me. I had 5 questions at the beginning and got 100 answers each session. I testify that not only does our Father in Heaven hear our prayers but he answers them through Profetas of Old and in these latter days. We are sooo blessed to hear from these men and women who have received a special witness, and receive revelation for the world.  We had some investigadors come to some sessions, but we had one dude named Ricardo, who came to all 5 sessions!  The prophets and apostoles did all the teaching for us, did some converting, now all we gotta do is baptize the dude.  Can't wait for the next conference...6 months will come fast!

P-Day today was cool -- went to the Plaza again!  I bought a ostrich snapback, and two other sick leather hats all for a total of ten bucks. Bought pops a belt buckle.  Don't worry dad, I'll send you some boots home soon.... what kind do you want... shark skinned or elephant?  I'm gunna get Manta Ray, but you can wear them until I get home.  :)

Other than that, this week was crazy. We finally got materials.  It's hard to teach about the BoM when you don't have any to give out.   We gave out like 50 in 4 days.  

Some people here are sooo ready. We have those lessons where we meet them, teach em a little, and they are committed to baptism in 15 minutes. But then we have those hour long lessons on how God is our loving Father in Heaven and the people can't get over the fact that we can pray ANY TIME day or night and share our feelings with Him.  I personally like the people who are humble enough to listen without proof. Faith is a powerful thing.

Thought I'd take a second to thank my parents who taught me how to pray. I can't remember right now who talked about that, but I'm grateful for a home that's built on the Rock of our Redeemer!  Love you mom and dad!  Momma feel better! 

Elder Minnick

MOM NOTE:  Weston did say he finally got some mail.....  16 letters and the first pkg. I sent him!!!  GOOD DAY!!  Weston also told Jay, "...couldn't be happier with mission life.  The work is good.  One complaint though.... you didn't tell me that the mission was fun!!  Just hard!!  You gotta tell your priests it's fun too!"   SO from the missionaries mouth.... missions are FUN!!!!  



McDonalds  -- WOOOOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment