Monday, October 27, 2014

Testimony

Fam,

This week was solid... as a companionship is was probably one of our greatest weeks. Our ward had 3 baptisms this week. Two of them came from less active families, and the third was an investigator named Monica! She is the last member of her family to be baptized, she has three children already baptized! Yay for Monica! 

I decided I needed a little more excitement in my life this week so I cut my own hair... The most exciting part was that I decided to just go for it and started right down the front middle of my head. I didn't do too awful, I kinda messed up on the right side of my head so I just had to cut everything shorter and then it was chill. I've been praying really hard and decided that BYU just isn't for me and that I should go to hair school ;) hahaha NAAAAAH,  but Elder Manning told me I can cut his hair this week... just after interviews with President :)

"But the haircut doesn't look too bad. right?"

We had a couple extremely powerful lessons this week.  First we went into the sisters area because they asked us to help them teach a lady who was having problems.  It just so happened that the person we visited was in need of a blessing. And well... boom it was a powerful blessing. She's been smoking for 40 years but wants to quit! We are fasting for her this week!

I'm fasting for grandma Linda this week too! I love you grandma and hope you feel better this week!

We had a another cool lesson Saturday.  Its with one of our investigators named Jose... he has issues with the BoM. It was a cool lesson for me because after he spent 15 minutes telling us about why the BoM isn't true, we spent 5 testifying that it is. He was speechless after, and when we were done, we just got up and left. I felt like we punched him in the face with the Spirit. 

I also had the opportunity to speak in church yesterday... I didn't know I was speaking until sacrament started.. so I wasn't exactly prepared, but they told me to speak on whatever I wanted.  Elder Manning chose testimony, I chose conversion. 

I don't really remember much of what I said, but I do remember talking about how my testimony has been and is the most important thing I own.  My testimony is the base of everything I am, everything I feel, and everything I want to be and do. I'm not perfect but everyday I do my best to do what God wants me to do. I realized all of this why I was speaking in church. 

Because of my testimony I know that everything will be okay. That bad days become good days when we pray. I know that we have a Savior that suffered and died for me, you, and every person in the entire world. Sometimes after I have walked 20 miles in the hot sun I start complaining in my head. I think man... I'm tired, I'm hungry, my feet hurt, and we haven't had any success today.  It's super easy to forget about the amazing blessings I will and have received in these last few months, especially in my weak moments.  And because of my testimony I know that tomorrow will come and soon after that eternity comes too. 

Sure love you all!
Elder Minnick


Elder Minnick:  "This is what happiness looks like!"  

Hermana Minnick in Guatemala: "The water in the baptismal font, I also shower with that water, and wash my clothes with that water..."


Just a tad bit of difference between the
two missions and water quality!!!!  


Elder Lafavor y yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment