Monday, May 9, 2016

Bueno...

Bueno...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WHIT! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAYOR!

Well, its my last change! I'm going back to my old area Colinas!  I'm very excited, it's been one of my favorite areas!  I'll be in a trio with Elder Ramirez and Elder Pacheco. We will be working in a branch called Paseos as well!

We taught Cecilia again this week. We talked about what repentance meant in her life and how we can know if we really have been forgiven of our sins! After a little bit she confessed that she felt the need for baptism but she doubted the feeling because she had already been baptized as a child. We just sat and listened as she explained to us about her personal conflict. We decided to read DyC 20:37 and talked about what each part meant for her, and if she had felt the spirit and  could reach the requirements of baptism.  After a moment of pondering she lifted my scriptures a little higher and said something like, "I feel that this is true." She repeated it a couple times and then said, "I know that these things are true". With a sweet spirit in the room she told us that she will be baptized when she can meet the requirements and that she will be waiting outside for us to pick her up at 7:30 am Sunday morning! I left that house very happy and uplifted, and with a stronger conviction that the Spirit testifies of the truth.

This week I heard the Roosevlet quote, "Believe you can and you're halfway there" and then a President Monson quote, "Work will win when wishy-washy wishing won't." I am very very grateful for a mother who taught me to believe and work. Thanks mom for never letting me be a quitter, and teaching me exactly what I should do and why I need to do it! I love you mom! Happy Mother's Day yesterday!

Elder Minnick

No comments:

Post a Comment