Monday, May 2, 2016

Seek and Ye Shall Find!

Hola!!!

It's hard to describe just how great these past few weeks have been. Dad told me in a letter that these will be the best weeks of my mission and it is so true!

Getting on the bus to go to Leon about 21 months ago, the first thing my trainer told me was, "attitude determines altitude". How true I have found that to be in my life!  Whether it be under the hot sun contacting people or losing missionaries in airports, our attitude as a companionship has made some hard times into unforgettable memories.

After knocking about 30 doors with Elder Zapata (this was the first time in my whole mission that we planned on knocking doors) with little to no success, he looked me in the eye and said, The next guy we talk to will feel the spirit".  Surely enough, we met Ismael sitting in front of his house in deep thought. His wife recently had their first baby girl. We taught him the plan of salvation for about 10 minutes and with a new light in his eyes he invited us to come back so we could talk with his wife too.

A while back I had a companion who found at least one coin in the street EVERY day. I was with him for more then 4 months, and he never went a day without finding money in the street. That's how he paid for transport and food. One day he found 100 pesos in the middle of the road... After a while he found so much that he would start giving the money to me and others, and after a couple months he had given me 250 pesos in pure 50, 20, and 10 cent coins. After a little more time he had almost our whole zone looking for money in the street!

I have learned quite a bit from numerous experiences I have had like these.  Jesus taught, 

7  Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8  For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

If you look to feel the spirit, I know that you will feel it. If you look for money in the street, my piggy bank tells me you'll find some. If you look to teach repentance like the Savior did and baptize converts every week (that's my goal) I know you can do it too!  Surely one of the greatest secrets I have discovered in Mexico is that happy and successful people choose to be happy and successful!

Love ya!
Elder Minnick







No comments:

Post a Comment